Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wish I Had Been Doing Inscription Sooner


I finally got off my lazy butt and started working inscription. By using quick auctions and a snatch list for herbs it has become very easy money. I don't even nearly have all the glyphs yet and it is still sick gold. I'm dumb for not doing this sooner but being a casual player I can't get too mad at myself.

I ended up setting quick auctions 3 to a post limit of 2, 3 gold price threshold, and a 60g fallback. I am going to have to send all the glyphs to an alt though and have that toon do the posting because I am running out of inventory space between all the glyphs and the mats to make them.

I really thought competition would be tough on my realm since it's mid to high population but I haven't encountered anyone who uses quick auctions. I make every single glyph I have but I am only being undercut on 1/4 of the auctions I post. I think I have a real opportunity to own the glyph market on my realm and make a killing. I just really hope that inscription is still profitable come cataclysm with the changes where you only have to buy a glyph once and keep it forever.

I'll post an update later in the week detailing the amount of gold I've made. Thanks for checking in!

4 comments:

Jake said...

Hey jay,

What's "quick auctions"? Another addon?

NakedJay said...

@ Jake,
Yes, Quick Auctions 3 is an addon that assists you with your mass auction postings. It allows you to set a post limit of each item, price thresholds, and fallback prices if there is zero of said item available. It can also scan and check if you have been undercut. With a click of a button you can post all of your items saving you some serious time. It does the same when you get undercut, it will cancel the auctions so you can repost.

When you repost it will undercut your competition by whatever you set it to, I set mine to 1 copper. It's a must have tool!

Cold said...

No add ons are a must. They are a luxury, not a requirement. :)

NakedJay said...

@ Cold,
True. I still like it though. =p

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger